Do you see exercise as an important element in the prevention and treatment of disease and want to motivate people to practice healthy behaviors? ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologists® (ACSM-EPs) take training to an advanced level by conducting and interpreting physical fitness assessments and developing exercise prescriptions for people who are healthy or have medically controlled diseases. This course is organized around the scope-of-practice domains identified for the ACSM-EP and designed to support those taking the ACSM-EP Certification Exam.
The aim of the ACSM-EP Online Certification Prep Course is to help prepare college graduates to take the ACSM-EP Certification Exam.
Course Outline/Table of Contents:
- Module One. Welcome and Overview
- Module Two. Administering and Interpreting Preparticipation Health Screenings
- Module Three. The Initial Client Consultation
- Module Four. Body Composition and Weight Management
- Module Five. Comprehensive Program Design
- Module Six. Cardiorespiratory Fitness Assessments and Exercise Programming for Apparently Healthy Populations
- Module Seven. Muscular Strength and Muscular Endurance Assessments and Exercise Programming for Apparently Healthy Populations
- Module Eight. Flexibility Assessment and Exercise Programming for Apparently Healthy Populations
- Module Nine. Functional Movement Assessments and Exercise Programming for Apparently Healthy Participants
- Module Ten. Exercise for Individuals with Controlled Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Pulmonary, and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module Eleven. Exercise Programming for Individuals with Musculoskeletal Limitations
- Module Twelve. Populations across the Lifespan
- Module Thirteen. Behavior Modification
- Module Fourteen. Legal Issues and Responsibilities
Recommended Reading: ACSM’s Resources for the Exercise Physiologist and ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
The course’s purchase price does not include the cost of the exam, additional study materials or the recommended reading, and further study will be required to achieve ACSM certification.
All course content will be presented to you electronically after your purchase, and a certificate of completion (not ACSM-EP certification) awarded upon your successful completion of the course.
This course expires one year (365 days) from the date of purchase. You must complete all of the course content prior to the expiration date. ACSM will not offer refunds, transfers or course credits for uncompleted courses prior to their expiration date, or for duplicate purchases.
ACSM does not allow substitutions, refunds or credits for this course.
Note: This is only a CEC course, not an ACSM certification. You can earn ACSM CECs for completing this course; however, these CECs can only be used for existing certifications.
Review ACSM-EP information.
For questions related to your online CEC courses or purchases, email email@example.com.
Join ACSM and save up to 50% on CEC courses by contacting our membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership dues updates may take a minimum of 24 hrs. to be reflected in your account.
Ready to Schedule Your Exam?
Discounted member price:
You could save