ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist Certification Preparation Course
Shel Levine, M.S., ACSM-CEP
Sophie Green, Ph.D., ACSM-CEP, RCEP
Cemal Ozemek, Ph.D., ACSM-CEP, FACSM
Yuri Feito, Ph.D., MPH, ACSM-CEP, FACSM
Course Description: Prepare for the ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist® (ACSM CEP) exam with this convenient online course. Learn at your own pace with audio and PowerPoint presentations. Each of the 27 modules, grouped into five sections, covers a specific portion of the exam-preparation materials, so you know what resources to go to if you need additional information.
- Benefits and Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Risk Stratification and Behavior
- Clinical GXT Procedures
- ECG Interpretation I
- ECG Interpretation II
- Cardiorespiratory Pathophysiology
- Pathophysiology of Obesity and Diabetes
- Resistance Training for Individuals with Cardiac and Clinical Conditions
- Frailty Assessment and Exercise Prescription
- Special Considerations for Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Assessing Cardiac GXTs for Exercise Prescription
- Excise Prescription Techniques for CVD
- Exercise Prescription for CVD Special Populations
- Special Considerations & Prescription Techniques for individuals with PAD
- CVD Case Studies
- Diabetes Classification and Diagnosis
- Special Considerations When Prescribing Exercise for Individuals with Metabolic Disease
- Prescription and Testing Techniques for Obesity and Diabetes
- Diabetes Management and Treatment
- Special Populations: Cancer (testing, prescription and considerations)
- Special Populations: Kidney Disease (testing, prescription and considerations)
- Special Considerations When Prescribing Exercise for Individuals with Neuromuscular and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Special Considerations and Prescription for Pulmonary
- ACSM-CEP Exam Strategies
Recommended Reading: ACSM’s Clinical Exercise Physiology and ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
While these resources are not required preparation materials and should not be interpreted as constituting the sole source of all ACSM exam questions, candidates may find them useful when preparing for the exam. Each candidate should develop his or her own personal reading list and study-plan based on individual needs and knowledge.
Learning Objectives https://www.acsm.org/docs/default-source/certification-documents/cep/CEP-Exam-prep-learning-objectives
This course includes downloads of audio and PowerPoints, a corresponding online quiz and a course evaluation. The course price does not include the cost of the exam or study materials. Additional study will be required for achieving ACSM certification. All course content will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. This includes all viewing and reading material, quizzes and certificates. (Your CEC certificate will be awarded after successful completion of all quizzes.) No substitutions will be allowed for this CEC course. CEC course only. This course is not an ACSM certification. Review ACSM-CEP information. You can earn ACSM CECs for attending; however, these CECs can only be used for existing certifications.
For questions related to your online CEC courses or purchases, please email email@example.com. Refunds will not be issued for this course.
Available Course Credits
ACSM 22 (27 Online Modules)
Ready to Schedule Your Exam?
Discounted member price:
You could save