ACSM Exercise Physiologist Certification Preparation Course
Prepared By: James Schoffstall, Ed.D., FACSM, ACSM-EP, ACSM-CEP, ACSM/NCHPAD-CIFT, ACSM/NPAS PAPHS, EIM3
Course Description: Prepare for the ACSM-EP exam with this convenient, online course. Learn and study at your own pace with audio and PowerPoint presentations. The course includes access to 5 modules that cover:
- Module 1 – Pre-Activity Screening
- Module 2 – Fitness Assessments and Exercise Prescription
- 2a, Cardiorespiratory Fitness Assessments and Programming
- 2b, Muscular Strength and Endurance Assessments and Programming
- 2c, Body Composition and Weight Management
- 2d, Flexibility Assessments and Programming
- Module 3 – Exercise for Special Populations
- Module 4 – Behavior Change and Stress Management
- Module 5 – Leadership, Management, Marketing, and Legal Issues
Each module remediates to the exam preparation materials, so you know what resources to go to if you need additional information.
Recommended Reading: ACSM’s Resources for the Exercise Physiologist and ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Health and fitness assessments of healthy individuals and individuals with stable chronic health conditions.
- Exercise prescription and implementation for individuals and individuals with stable chronic health conditions.
- Exercise counseling and behavioral strategies as related to positive health and wellness outcomes.
- Risk management and professional responsibilities of an exercise physiologist.
This course includes audio and PowerPoints, a corresponding online quiz, and a course evaluation.
Course costs do not include the cost of the exam or study materials.
Additional study will be required for achieving ACSM certification.
All course content will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. This includes all viewing and reading material, quizzes, and certificates (Your CEC certificate will be awarded after successful completion of all quizzes).
No substitutions will be allowed for this CEC course. CEC course only. This course is not an ACSM certification. Review ACSM-EP degree requirements.
You can earn ACSM CECs for attending; however, these CECs can only be used for existing certifications.
For questions related to your online CEC courses or purchases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be issued for this course.
Available Course Credits
ACSM 7.00 (Online Modules)
Ready to Schedule Your Exam?
Please note, do not change the quantity (below) for your transaction. It must remain at 1. Multiple courses cannot be purchased. Courses are not able to be assigned to anyone other than the account holder.
Join ACSM and save 25% on this exam preparation course by contacting our membership department at email@example.com.
Discounted member price:
You could save: